We want to build a friendly and positive community here at Shopee! That’s why we have come up with Community Rules as a guideline for all buyers and sellers in order to preserve this safe environment to buy and sell on-the-go. Go through this outline for the Do’s and Dont's when using our mobile marketplace by using Shopee, you agree to our Terms of Service here. We are committed to keeping our community safe with everybody’s effort.
2. Make your listing shine
No buyer will be interested in a listing that has poor quality photos. Flaunt your photography skills and create some quality shots - check out Shopee tips here. Aside from that, be honest! Give your product an accurate and detailed description. Nobody likes a nasty surprise when it comes to making a purchase. Being truthful will increase your chances of obtaining positive ratings and reviews from your buyers.
3. Be respectfulWe want to foster a safe environment for people to enjoy the pleasure of mobile shopping. Keep your content clean and suitable for everyone - this means no vulgar language, hate messages or spam. As a community in Shopee, we urge all users to treat each other with kindness and respect. Whether you’re a buyer or seller, follow the guidelines here to ensure smooth transactions for everyone!
4. Maintain an excellent selling record
Create a good customer experience by being attentive and responsive to your buyers' needs. Happy buyers are more likely to make repeat purchases and give you a positive seller rating.
Keep your selling record clean by maintaining sufficient stock and by shipping orders on time to reduce unnecessary cancellations, returns and refunds. To ensure a great experience for all users, Shopee may send a caution to sellers with poor selling records. In some cases, Shopee may also remove certain selling privileges (e.g. free shipping, preferred seller), lower your products' search ranking, limit or suspend your account access.
Here are some tips to maintain an excellent selling record:
1. Putting irrelevant or an excessive number of search terms in the title and description
It is important that users are able to quickly find what they are searching for. Putting in additional brands, keywords or hashtags in the title or description that are irrelevant to the product interferes in this process and may lead to products being banned by our system.
Examples of what not to do include:- Nike Adidas Puma Reebok Under Armour Running Shoes
2. Creating multiple listings of the same productPlease do not create multiple listings of the same product. Such listings may be automatically banned by our system.
3. Misleading pricing
Listing price differs from actual selling price. For example, listing a variation at a very low price but is not a product that can be bought or seller intends to sell. Such listings may be automatically banned by our system.
4. Infringing content & impersonation
Any deceptive manner of impersonation is a serious offence in Shopee. If you choose to use someone else’s photo, respect their rights and give credit where it’s due.
Here are some examples of infringing content & impersonation:
- Collecting and using others’ personal data without their consent (e.g. contact details, photo).
- Using someone’s identity as your own for credibility purposes.
Help us keep the Shopee community strong! If you find any user impersonating you or someone else, please contact us here.
6. Posting servicesShopee does not allow users to list their services on the platform.
7. Product listing policy
8. Return policySellers are allowed to set their own return policy as long as it does not contradict with the existing version set by Shopee.
We all have a part to play in keeping the community safe. Shopee is an open environment for everyone to use as a platform to buy and sell on-the-go. Respect one another and let’s make this the best community for mobile shopping. If you spot any user breaching any of these rules, you can alert the Shopee team by reporting the user or product here. Kindly note that all decisions on whether to remove user or product will be subject to Shopee's discretion.
9. Abusive behaviours and scamming
All voucher codes, rebates and subsidies are meant to help sellers promote sales and grow their business. The following behaviors in any forms are strictly prohibited on our platform:
- Fake order creation
- Voucher abuse
- Subsidy and rebates abuse
We monitor all user accounts and make sure users comply with our community rules. Violation of these rules will result in a range of actions including but not limited to the following:
- Permanent account suspension
- Freezing of funds under Shopee Guarantee, for investigation purposes
- Civil actions, claim for damages and/or interim or injunctive relief.